Dot Painters

I finally bought some dot painters from Amazon and they are a big hit. We are addicted! Here’s what we’ve done with them so far…..

dot painters

We love using these Magnet Pages from Making Learning Fun!

They also have these Do A Dot Marker Pages but we haven’t tried them yet.

dot painters

Letter Searches from Prekinders

dot painters to trace letters
We’ve used them to trace letters.

dot painters to make rainbows

We’ve used them to make rainbows.

What else can we do with dot markers? We need your ideas!

• Reply Teaching Heart Mom

We love these too… Great Post. I have posted about them too. Maybe you will find a new idea here. I have some free printables I created.

February 3, 2010 at 2:17 pm
  • Reply min

You can have your child do a connect the dot activity by numbering the dots. I dotted a square and our daughter connected them. Then, I asked her to turn it into something and she drew a kite.

You can also use them to make number dot cards and have your child place a pom pom on each dot for one to one correspondence.

Lastly, your child can make patterns using two colors (or three) and you can ask what colors will come next.

These are just three ideas I can think of.

February 3, 2010 at 4:48 pm

We use bingo markers to paint with dots.

February 3, 2010 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply Raising a Happy Child

The only thing that my daughter is interested in doing with them is connect-the-dots as described by Min. Apparently she does like them in her preschool, but couldn’t be bothered at home. One of her quirks 🙂

February 4, 2010 at 5:55 am
  • Reply Miller Moments

We just got some Dot A Dot Paints and I’m so excited to see this post and find new ways to use them!

February 4, 2010 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply Elise

I have looked for these in a number of places here, but I can’t seem to locate them. I think I will have to order them online. I often see them on blogs and think they would be great for my little boy.

I was going to suggest bingo type games and dot to dot, but I see they have already been suggested. I have been trying to think of other ideas I have seen in the blogging world, but at the moment nothing is coming to mind.

February 5, 2010 at 1:05 pm
  • Reply Just Me

ha! Sorry but I bought these a while ago and have learned that their definition of ‘washable’ is not my definition. My blue pillow speaks to that. But they are a TON of fun!

February 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply Tiggeriffic

making your own wrapping paper for Christmas would be a good idea. Polka Dotted papper..

November 17, 2010 at 5:49 pm