Christmas Countdown with Books

Christmas Countdown with Books

I’m SO excited to start this new tradition, Christmas Countdown with Books! I wrapped all of our Christmas or winter books that we already own and put them in a basket under the tree. Each night, the kids will choose one present/book to open and read.

I saw this idea last year at The Shafer Family Blog. Each year she buys a new book to add to the collection and countdown.  Even if you only have 5 books to wrap up, it is still a fun way to countdown to Christmas! You could also check out books from the library to use and then they would all be new.

• Reply Michelle

I’m excited to do this too….I’m not wrapping the books up but our little “christmas message” each day tells us whaty books we’ll be reading 🙂
    Heaps of fun!!!!
    Michelle

December 1, 2010 at 1:06 pm
  • Reply Saving SAHM Sanity

We do this too! Its so much fun 🙂 I purchased all our holiday books from library book sale and didn’t pay more than .50 cents per book!

December 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm
  • Reply mrszimm

What a fantastic idea!!

December 2, 2010 at 3:32 am
  • Reply Cara

I started doing this when my son was born (he’s 3 now), and just got my books ready today. I wrote about it on my blog today as well! This is the first year I’ve got 25 books, wahoo! Love this tradition!

December 2, 2010 at 4:19 am
  • Reply Christy

I have thought of doing this in the past because we have a huge collection of Christmas books, but we haven’t done it yet. I typically let them choose a few Christmas books each day. Maybe we will do this for the last two weeks before Christmas or something.

December 2, 2010 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Ms Muffin

I wanted to do it the last years – but never had enough books. This year finally there are enough – and I even managed to get them all wrapped up before the 1st of December! My daughter loves them – even little man got quite excited, even though he is not getting the whole idea of opening one each day yet … 😉
    I blogged about it today if you want to check it out

December 3, 2010 at 11:58 am