2011 Activity Advent Countdown (printable)

I’m so excited to bring you my annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown! I used ideas, printables, and resources (list below) found around the web to make counting down to Christmas fun and educational!

2011 Activity Advent Countdown
1.       1. Christmas Lights Color Pom Pom Matching (scroll down)
2.       2. Make a Paper Plate Angel
3.       3. Snowman Dice Game
4.       4. Christmas Alphabet Book
5.       5. Make a Snowman Ornament
6.       6. Christmas Picture Puzzles (scroll down)
7.       7. Christmas Lights Coloring
8.       8. Marshmallow Trees
9. Make a Christmas Bauble Ornament
         10. Christmas Alphabet Game
Where to Start:
1) Print the 2011 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards, a list of activities, and list of materials needed.2)  Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities.
Ideas:
* Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
·        * Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
·         *Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
·        * Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
·       *  Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
·       *  Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
3) I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!
For more countdown activities and printables, visit my:

Resources:

• Reply Jen @ lil Mop Top

so fun! I may have to borrow some of these fun crafts/activities. 🙂

November 7, 2011 at 12:36 pm

What fun!

November 7, 2011 at 12:39 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

#12 dice game has no instructions?

November 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm

For #12’s dice game- Use counters such as m&ms, stones, blocks, etc. Roll a die and cover the corresponding numbered stocking. When you cover all of the stockings, you win!

November 7, 2011 at 9:17 pm

ps thanks for the heads up. I will add the instructions to the download!

November 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

Thanks!! I am going to do this with my childcare kiddos!!

November 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm
  • Reply Abbie

Thanks so much for sharing this! I am making my first activity advent calendar this year and have been struggling to fill all the days! This will be so helpful.
    Thanks!

November 8, 2011 at 1:52 am

This is great- activities for Little Man as well as crafts the older girls will enjoy! Thank you!
    Jen

November 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm
  • Reply RedTedArt

Oooh thank you for including our baubles 🙂

Maggy x

November 8, 2011 at 7:43 pm
  • Reply Michelle

Oooohhh! Thanks for sharing all those advent ideas! I hadn’t thought about it that much, but I guess I need to get going on coming up with stuff. 🙂

November 9, 2011 at 2:09 am
  • Reply Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com)

What a great list of ideas! I would love for you to link up at my TGIF LInky Party
    (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties).
    Beth =-)

November 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm
  • Reply Jodie

What a great list, I should get started on this year’s Advent Calendar soon! Thanks for including our puzzle game.

November 9, 2011 at 3:45 pm
  • Reply Jackie H.

I’m so glad you got this out so early. Maybe I can actually get one put together for this year… you are much farther ahead in the game than I am 😉

November 9, 2011 at 8:47 pm
  • Reply Cora Rules

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this!! Just finished printing everything so that I will be prepared and I even got some cute Thanksgiving “Thankful” ideas in the process!! Thanks for getting this together!!

November 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

I cant seem to get any of the directions for anything! All of the document comes up and looks great but I cant actually click on any of the directions. Is there another way to get it?

November 14, 2011 at 3:41 pm
  • Reply A Day in Candiland

What a great idea. I can’t wait to print it off for the kids.

November 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

I have been waiting for this. I used yours last year and it was fabulous. I am a working mom and you compiling this let’s me do something so fun with my kids. I wouldn’t have time to find all the ideas. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

November 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm
  • Reply Shari Lynne

I love this! Can’t wait to try these with my grandson! Thanks!
    Blessings
    Shari

November 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Anonymous,
    The directions for how to set up your advent countdown and to get it started are in the post above. The directions for each activity should be included in the post you are directed to and/or in the document.
    If you click on the 2011 Activity Advent Countdown link in the post above it will lead you to the printable cards and materials list.

Please let me know what it is exactly that you are wanting directions for and I will be MORE than happy to help!

November 14, 2011 at 10:23 pm
  • Reply Susan Case

Wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing.

November 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm
  • Reply Enchanted Homeschooling Mom

What a creative idea, I love it! Thanks!

November 15, 2011 at 3:50 am
  • Reply Anonymous

Sorry… I dont know what my problem is. I even had my husband look at it and he thought there might be something wrong with your links. I can get the document with all the cards and the instruction sheet, but I am not able to get anything from the instruction sheet. They are blue, like links, but I cant click on them – nothing happens. Obviously all these other people had no problems, so I really dont know…

November 15, 2011 at 5:48 am

Anonymous,
    I’ll check the links on the instructions page to make sure they are good. Thanks for the heads up!

What you may have to do instead is to click on the links of each day’s activity in the post above instead of from the Word document.

I’m sorry for all of the trouble! This was meant to save you time, not take more of your time. =) Off to look at the links now….

November 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm
  • Reply Summer and Winter all year through!

What great ideas and each one was just a little different from what I thought it was going to be. I can’t wait to get started! Thank you*

November 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm
  • Reply Katie

I am LOVING this!!!! I just found your blog and its right up my alley. I’m a speech pathologist (and blogger) always looking for new activities to use with my daughter AND in therapy. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

November 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm
  • Reply Whole Child Creative Curriculum

What a fabulous collection!! I have advent plans, but I’ll definitely use some of these ideas! I’m also going to share it on Facebook, if that’s okay…if it’s not, let me know and I’ll take it down!

Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

November 15, 2011 at 7:46 pm
  • Reply Shauni

Thank you for these ideas! I’m excited to use them with my son!

November 20, 2011 at 4:26 am
  • Reply Charlene@APinchofJoy

This is awesome!!! I will feature this post next Monday as part of Moms on Monday at A Pinch of Joy. I hope you will stop by and pick up a Thank You bouquet from my button box!

November 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm
  • Reply Alison @ Oopsey Daisy

Thank you SO much for featuring me!! I am so tickled with this idea and all of the fun resources. I have always loved your blog!! Enjoy your holiday season!

November 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply RedTedArt

Aaah thank you so much for the feature 🙂 glad you like our Christmas Baubles 🙂

November 27, 2011 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Little Yancey Family

I’m super excited! I’ll be doing this again this year, with my 4 yr old and my 2 yr old. Thanks for putting in so much work so I don’t have to 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 7:22 pm
  • Reply Mrs. M

Love all your ideas!
    Hope you don’t mind, but I have commented on your Advent Activities and added a link to your blog as well.
    Thanks again!

December 2, 2011 at 2:05 am
  • Reply Leslie

Great Download- I just passed it along to the parents reading my birthday party blog. Thanks!

December 6, 2011 at 1:13 am
  • Reply It's Playtime! : Christmas Countdown - hands on : as we grow

[…] Activity Mom has an Activity Advent Countdown printable, with links to great holiday activities and crafts from all over […]

October 28, 2013 at 2:14 am