Felt Board Printables (DIY)

Milk Filter Paper is the best kept secret around!
A friend taught me about how to use milk filter paper to print different characters, words, or story props for our felt board. It is so quick, easy, and simple!
Ken Ag 15" Transfer System Milk Filters
Just put the Milk Filter Paper in your printer (you will need to trim it to an 8 1/2 X 11 size), print, and cut. That’s all!
We have the Nativity Scene for Christmas time (found at Activity Village).
The Solar System is fun to use and put in order.
The Angry Birds Printable (at the top) has been a big hit on our felt board!
Find other felt board printables at DLTK and Child Care Land. and now you can make your own just by putting clipart, pictures, or images in Word.

Make Your Own Felt Board:

Use a foam craft board or an inexpensive piece of wood and cover it (using spray glue or a glue gun) with a large piece of felt or flannel (purchased at a craft store).

Comments

1. says

They are 15 inches wide so you have to trim them so they are 11 inches (the size of a standard piece of paper). Your kids can color on the scrap pieces or make their own creations with them.

2. says

I haven’t had to buy any of these YET. My friend send me a handful to try them out. (Thanks, Lisa!) She bought them from this store. I don’t see them on Amazon so when I order them, I’ll probably order them from this store.

3. Anonymous says

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a quick google search and did find out how to use them:These will need to be cut to the size of printer paper and fed through the printer just like paper. While $13.49 may sound like a lot, one box of 100 should last quite a while! You can print multiple flannelboard pieces on one sheet of milk filter ‘paper’.

4. Anonymous says

Can you print the pieces in black and white and then color them with marker? Also does this paper stick to felt?

• says

Yes, you can print them in black and white and color them with marker. Yes, they do stick to felt. Our felt board is what we use them with. They are thinner than a piece of felt that you would get at a craft store though.

5. says

How sturdy is the milk filter paper? Does it tear easily? I ask because I have an 18 mth. old who is rough with everything..and I would like for her to be able to play with the figures ande tell stories and play with her as well..Thanks..

6. says

akiddmom,
    It is pretty sturdy. I would say it would be harder than construction paper to rip. It is thinner than a regular piece of felt you’d buy at a craft store though which is why you can put it through your printer. I’d give it a try!

• Meghan Z says

I just figured it out! I had to change my paper setting. I just picked a thicker setting and decided that “transparency paper” was probably closest to the thickness of the milk filter paper. Yay!

7. says

I bought milk filter paper myself recently and have been having fun with new felt board stories that don’t take up quite so much time as making everything yourself. I definitely have used kizclub stories quite a bit.