With one passionate little writer at home and one who rather eat peas than write, I’m always trying to come up with fun ways to encourage writing. Usually holiday story starters will do the trick!
Here are a few St. Patrick’s Day Story Starters:
- It was the morning of St. Patrick’s Day and I heard….
- I couldn’t believe my eyes. There were green footprints all over the floor.
- Snap! I think that was my leprechaun trap.
- After I found a four leaf clover, strange things started to happen.
- “He, he, he. You can’t catch me!” he chanted.
- A beautiful rainbow stretched across the sky. Is there really a pot of gold at the end? I thought.
Here are the St. Patrick’s Day Story Starters for you to print.
After typing out the story starters, I cut them out and pasted them onto green construction paper. Next, I displayed them in a festive bag on our bulletin board.
For beginning writers, have them dictate their ideas for you to write and then let them illustrate their story or just have fun telling the story together.
Enjoy writing and reading with your little ones this St. Patrick’s Day!
Written by Jen