G is 20 months old and is a BUSY boy! Sometimes the activities I set up for him last about 2 minutes, but then a spontaneous activity will hold his attention for quite some time!
Here are some fun 20 month old learning activities to keep your toddler busy, entertained, and learning!
1. Watercolors: Yes, he needs a LITTLE help with reminders to dip in water, but for the most part, painting is one of his favorite things. Plus, it’s easily washed off little fingers and faces.
2. Connect Four: If you have this game, set it up for your tot! He loves dropping the chips in and it’s a great fine motor activity.
3. Lite Bright: Who would’ve thought?! Now, definitely keep a close eye because of the small pieces but fortunately, G does not put much (if anything, aside from food!) in his mouth. He LOVES when we turn the lights off and he creates pictures on his big sis’ toy!
Puzzles! G is SO much more into puzzles than M (5.5 years old) ever was. Our favorites are anything from Melissa and Doug but recently, we can’t get enough of the animal sounds one and the magnetic one!
1. Books: G loves, loves, loves books, whether it’s us reading to him or him “reading” to us. Board books are the safest option but we ARE teaching him to be gentle with ANY book.
2. Marbles and Jars: I put a bowl of marbles (as well as pompoms) in a small bowl and give him an empty (and clean!) soda bottle. He will sit and oh-so-patiently drop the objects through the narrow opening!
3. Fruit Loop bracelets: The goal was to string the cereal on the pipe cleaner but let’s be honest. He would string it… and then immediately eat it. No actual bracelets were created!
How do you like playing and learning with your almost-two year old?
Written by Jill
Our NEW eBook: Learn and Play with Your Toddler
36 Pages (75+ Activities) of Monthly Activities for Your Little One