Lego Counting Game

Lego Counting Game

Help the bunny get to his apples. This DIY Lego Counting Game is the perfect way to practice counting with your Legos!

How to Play:

1. Gather 10-20 Legos, dice, a character to move along your Lego path.
  2. Set up your path with the Legos. Your path can be straight, zig-zagged, curved, short, or long. Building your own path is what makes this game so exciting and unique.
  3. Roll the die and move your character along the path.
  4. When you get to the end, you win!

Lego counting Game

Ideas:

• Help the bunny get to the apples. (pictured at the top)
  • Help the princess get to her flower garden. (pictured above)
  • Help your Lego guy get to his house.
  • Help the Lego guy get to his car.
  • Help the Lego girl get to the store.

You get the idea. I love how easy this game is to set up and play, yet it allows for so much creativity and differentiation that it can be played time and time again!

• Reply Christy Garrett @ Uplifting Families

This looks like so much fun. Of course, you can use other things around the house to play this game too if you don’t have legos.

February 27, 2014 at 6:46 pm
  • Reply Alicia

So cute and so simple! Love this idea!

February 27, 2014 at 7:20 pm
  • Reply Naomi Wentworth

This is great! My son loves building and legos. He skips a few numbers, so I think this will get him excited about doing something hands on with legos and counting. Yay!

February 28, 2014 at 8:40 pm
  • Reply Sheila

What a clever idea. I like that there is a destination for the rabbit/minifig/object to get to. It looks fun 🙂 Pinned!

March 3, 2014 at 4:47 pm
  • Reply Homeschooling with LEGO - 100+ Resources & Activities - A Spectacled Owl

[…] LEGO Counting Dice Game from The Activity Mom […]

February 3, 2015 at 9:37 am
  • Reply Buffalo Lesson Ideas & Book List | The Teaching Mama

[…] Following the idea behind this lego & dice counting game, we made a long, curvy path out of legos.  Our game pieces were two tiny buffalo, babies who had […]

October 30, 2015 at 2:45 am
  • Reply Amy

This was great, son (4yr) & I played together taking turns, winner was whoever got the boy to the helicopter. I then asked my son to get the next 2 characters: goat & lion “Mum you be the goat, I’ll be the lion, then I can eat you” . We decided to make a round “board” and starting at opposite sides see who gets caught first.

August 11, 2017 at 12:37 am
    • Reply Nicole

Love it! Glad you guys had fun playing and also made it your own. =)

August 18, 2017 at 2:51 pm