My annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown is back!
It includes ideas, printables, and resources from around the web to make counting down to Christmas with your toddlers and preschoolers fun and educational!
- Decorate a Handprint Christmas Tree OR Cardboard Christmas Tree
- Reindeer Play Dough Game
- Pipe Cleaner Garland
- Christmas Light Matching
- Christmas I-Spy Printable
- Make and Eat Ice Cream Cone Trees
- Christmas Dice Games
- Christmas Size Sequencing (printable)
- Paint with Pom Poms Christmas Tree
- Noodle Christmas Tree Craft
- Elf on a Shelf Tracing
- Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Paper Plate Reindeer Craft
- Silver Bells Matching Game
- Christmas Q tip Painting (printable)
- Plastic Lid Ornament
- Snowy Window Scene
- Fine Motor Christmas Tree
- Painting Snow OR 3 Ingredient Snow Dough
- Sing and Dance with DIY Jingle Bell Streamers
- Eat and Stick Marshmallow Trees
- Play Snowman Slam
- Paper Cup Jingle Bell Craft
- Shaving Cream Snow Paint
- Merry Christmas!
Where to Start:
- Print the 2014 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards, a list of the activities, and a materials list.
- Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities
Set Up Ideas:
- Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
- Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
- Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
- Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
- Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
- Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!
The Activity Mom, Pre-K Pages, Powerful Mothering, Reuse Crafts, The Pleasantest Thing, A Moment in Our World, The Blue Basket, Fantastic Fun and Learning, Crafty Morning, 3 Boys and a Dog, Inspiration Laboratories, Huppie Mama, Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, Sugar Aunts, Teach Preschool, 1+1+1=1, Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, Fantastic Fun and Learning, Growing a Jeweled Rose, Education.com, No Time for Flashcards, Kiwi Crate