My two year old is really into building with Legos! Since Legos come in all different colors I thought it would be a great way to introduce sorting!
Sorting Legos by Color
- I picked up a pink lego and asked her what color it was. She said “pink”.
- I asked her if she could find any other pink legos on the ground and we started to create a group.
- Next, we did the same thing with blue. I asked her the color and we created a group.
- There were some colors she wasn’t sure about. I would tell her the color and she would repeat it and then she would group the color.
- Extend this activity by counting the number of blocks in each group.