Salt dough ornaments are an awesome keepsake for your little one’s handprints, footprints, or for your dog’s paw prints. Not only can you make your own salt dough ornaments, but you can also put the ingredients together for the perfect DIY gift (think Baby’s First Christmas, Baby Showers, New Puppy, etc.)!
Make Your Own Salt Dough Ornaments
- Combine 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of flour in a 16 ounce canning jar.
- Close the lid, decorate, and add a tag with instructions:
- Add a 1/2 cup of water to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add food coloring (optional)
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper to form an ornament shape.
- Make a hole in the ornament for the ribbon with a straw or knife.
- Make a handprint or footprint.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 2 hours or leave it out to air dry for several days.
- Use the ribbon from the jar to hang the ornament.