Washing Dishes

Do you have a set of play dishes? If so, then this washing dishes activity is perfect for you!

washing dishes

Give your child the chance to wash their play dishes in the bathroom sink. It is the perfect height (with a stool), not too much water (soap optional), and tons of fun!

When B does this, he spends a long time washing, drying, sorting, and a little splashing too. It is the perfect activity for him to work on while I clean the bathroom and let’s face it those dishes need a little cleaning once in awhile!

• Reply Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts

A great activity for little ones!

February 24, 2010 at 1:32 pm
  • Reply Lindsay

Such a great idea! I love coming up with things that kids can do while I am cleaning 🙂

February 24, 2010 at 3:00 pm
  • Reply Multi-tasking Mommy

Oh my daughter just loves to “do the dishes”. We also bring them in the bathtub sometimes!

February 24, 2010 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply Ms. Stacy

We do this at school at least once a week…you can wash dishes, doll clothes, dolls, manipulatives, or even do a “car wash!” When we wash the doll clothes, we practice hanging them on a clothes line…clothes pins are a great fine motor skill! My kids really like to use sponges, scrubbies, and washcloths just like mom does. Wringing our sponges and washcloths is another great fine motor skill! Kids seem to love to “wash” things until you really want them to 🙂

February 24, 2010 at 5:21 pm
  • Reply danita

so much fun! we do the doll clothes thing, too!

February 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm
  • Reply Cassie

That is such a good idea!

February 24, 2010 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply Little Family Fun

Ha ha. Look at that – you are posting about chores too! Once again we are on the same page. You must be my long lost twin or something.

I am in the process of writing up my posts for the next week and having them scheduled to post….but I accidentally published the Chore Stick one, and then removed it. Ha ha. Sorry about that. But stay tuned! It will be posted soon! 🙂

February 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm
  • Reply Deborah J. Stewart

Waterplay is such a soothing experience for children. I like to add a little baby shampoo for soap.

On a side note…thanks so much for your comments on my blog lately, they are so meaningful to me:)

February 24, 2010 at 10:07 pm
  • Reply Ticia

We wash dishes all thet ime here!

February 24, 2010 at 11:18 pm

My kids have always loved washing things, so if I ever need help with dishes, lawn furniture, toys, etc. they are more than willing to help. I think kids just love water and bubbles!!

Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

February 25, 2010 at 1:39 pm
  • Reply jd6405

What a GREAT idea!!!! I have done this with my preschool classroom, but what an awesome idea to do with my Sunshine while I clean the bathroom! TY!

February 26, 2010 at 2:56 am
  • Reply Angela

I need to do this. More hands = less stress right? HAHA thanks for the link up.

February 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm