Awesome Letter Crafts!

Letter Crafts

I’m SO pumped up about these letter crafts found on Totally Tots (led by Jolanthe)! She features a letter craft (examples pictured above) and a book for each letter.

awesome letter crafts

My original plan was to do one a day just for fun, but B hounded me to do more than one per day and would have sat down and done them all if I would have let him. He even went as far as to put a cute pouty face on and tell me “his friends A, B, and C were sad because they were missing their friends D, E, and F!”

I LOVE that they are made from craft foam which makes them fun for B to play with (versus a letter craft on paper) and I’m hoping that they will last longer. They were so EASY to make! I cut all of the pieces for letters A-M in advance in about an hour. I drew them by hand (not worrying about straight lines) on craft foam that you can find on Amazon or at local craft stores. I put all of the pieces and the squiggly eyes (also from a craft store) in a bag for each letter. That way it was easy for me to pull one out when we were ready to put it together. I also drew little dots on the letter so that B would know where to put the glue.

Good Morning! Oh my goodness- I love the animal letters. So clever. My daughter had bath letters/puzzles similar to your craft that were animals and she would put them on the shower wall. This helped her learn her letters.
    Enjoy your day!

Jen

March 3, 2010 at 1:29 pm
  • Reply Christy

I love letter crafts! WE made A is for Alligator recently.

March 3, 2010 at 1:31 pm
  • Reply Amanda

That’s a great idea! They’re very cute.

March 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm
  • Reply April

Great idea to put all of the pieces in a baggie, like a little homemade craft kit! Plus, it probably helped when it was time for your excited son to work on the letter, he didn’t have to wait for you to gather supplies.

March 3, 2010 at 5:14 pm
  • Reply Miller Moments

We love letter crafts!

March 3, 2010 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply Little Family Fun

Love it. ESPECIALLY getting it all organized before hand. That seems to be the hardest part whenever we do a craft….I sit LM down and then have to gather the supplies and do all the Mommy stuff first. By that time, he’s lost interest, and I’m more stressed trying to hurry and get everything ready. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Linda

March 4, 2010 at 7:19 pm
  • Reply Little Family Fun

Oh, and I will be linking to you next week and your idea for the shapes & letters printable roads. Thanks again!

March 4, 2010 at 7:21 pm
  • Reply Vanessa

These are very cute! Thanks for sharing the link!

April 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply JustCorey

I have been working with my older son on the alphabet using these letters…. I am subscribed to you and had found them through you when i was browsing through your site… just wanted to let you know that you led me there 🙂

I also use some other crafts and ideas i find around the web and posted the first half of alphabet on my blog 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 7:55 am