I’m so excited to bring you my annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown! I used ideas, printables, and resources (list below) found around the web to make counting down to Christmas fun and educational!
9. Make a Christmas Bauble Ornament
12. Stocking Dice Game
13. Color the Shapes Snowman
14. Candy Cane Ornament
15. Christmas Puzzles
16. Make a Handprint Reindeer Ornament
17. Same/Different Christmas Sort
18. Roll a Snowman
19. Ice Cream C one Trees
20. Candy Cane Letter Puzzles
21. Paper Christmas Tree Craft
22. Christmas Action Cards
23. Small, Medium, Large Sort
24. Reindeer Food
25. Merry Christmas!
Where to Start:
1) Print the 2011 Activity Advent Calendar Cards and Materials List. This includes the countdown cards, a list of activities, and list of materials needed.2) Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities.
* Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
· * Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
· *Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
· * Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
· * Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
It's Playtime! : Christmas Countdown - hands on : as we grow
Monday 28th of October 2013
[…] Activity Mom has an Activity Advent Countdown printable, with links to great holiday activities and crafts from all over […]
Tuesday 6th of December 2011
Great Download- I just passed it along to the parents reading my birthday party blog. Thanks!
Friday 2nd of December 2011
Love all your ideas!Hope you don't mind, but I have commented on your Advent Activities and added a link to your blog as well.Thanks again!
Little Yancey Family
Tuesday 29th of November 2011
I'm super excited! I'll be doing this again this year, with my 4 yr old and my 2 yr old. Thanks for putting in so much work so I don't have to :)
Sunday 27th of November 2011
Aaah thank you so much for the feature :-) glad you like our Christmas Baubles :-)