I’m so excited to bring you my annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown! I used ideas, printables, and resources (list below) found around the web to make counting down to Christmas fun and educational!
12. Stocking Dice Game
13. Color the Shapes Snowman
14. Candy Cane Ornament
15. Christmas Puzzles
16. Make a Handprint Reindeer Ornament
17. Same/Different Christmas Sort
18. Roll a Snowman
19. Ice Cream C one Trees
20. Candy Cane Letter Puzzles
21. Paper Christmas Tree Craft
22. Christmas Action Cards
23. Small, Medium, Large Sort
24. Reindeer Food
25. Merry Christmas!
Where to Start:
1) Print the 2011 Activity Advent Calendar Cards and Materials List. This includes the countdown cards, a list of activities, and list of materials needed.2) Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities.
* Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
· * Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
· *Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
· * Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
· * Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.