Looking for a way to beat the heat and have fun indoors? I created this fun balloon game just for that reason. Great responses from all three kids- ages 2 to 10!
Materials: 10 balloons, black permanent marker
1. Blow up 10 balloons.
2. Number them from 1 to 10.
3. Hide the balloons throughout the house- upstairs and downstairs.
4. Have your children work as a team to find the balloons in order.
5. If they find number 9, they aren’t allowed to get that balloon. They must start at 1, then 2, and so on.
6. Sit back and watch the fun!
LM loved playing a game with his big sisters and finding the balloons with them. After finding all of the balloons, he enjoyed counting all ten and then identifying the different numbers. It was wonderful watching the kids work as a team to accomplish a group goal. Hiding the balloons upstairs and downstairs worked out well, because it got the kids moving. My ten year old commented, “I thought this game was going to be boring at first, but it was really fun.” After learning the game, the kids can have fun hiding the balloons as well.
Written by Jen