Learning with a Growth Chart
I love our personalized growth chart and keepsake (ours is from Petite Lemon)! It is so fun to look back and remember how small they were when they were 2 and to think about the year they had that huge growth spurt.
When we were measuring and marking our heights the other day I realized that there is a lot of fun learning that can happen with your personalized growth chart, especially if your kids are as interested in it as mine are.
- Compare how tall you are now versus how tall you were at a certain age.
- How much have you grown in one year?
- Compare the difference in inches between you and your sibling at a certain age.
How Many Stuffed Animals High?
- How many stuffed animals high are you?
- How many blocks tall were you last year?
Colors, Counting, and Vocabulary
- Can you find the blue crayon?
- How many blue crayons are there?
- What color crayon is at the top?
- What color crayon is at the bottom?
- Which crayons are longest?
- Can you find a short crayon?
Letters of Your Name
For toddlers and preschoolers, seeing their name on something special is meaningful and exciting!
- Do you see any letters you know in your name?
- How many letters are in your name?
Here are ways to make learning fun with a few of my favorite designs from Petite Lemon:
- What animal is on top of the elephant?
- Point to the animal that says “Quack”.
- Do you see a green animal?
- Which animal is under the lion?
- Which animal is the biggest?
- Which animal is the smallest?
- What color truck is behind the green car?
- Can you find the number 3?
- Can you find a number that comes before 2?
- How many clothes are hanging on the line?
- How many windows are on the green building?
- Do you see any letters you know?
- What do you see at the top?
- What do you see at the bottom?
- What numbers have polka dots?
- Point to a number that comes before 7.
- Point to a number that comes after 2.
- What numbers are green?
If you don’t have a personalized growth chart yet, make sure to find one that is durable so it will last throughout the years, one that you can take with you if you move, and one that fits with your style just like the keepsakes you will find at Petite Lemon!
This post is sponsored by Petite Lemon, but the ideas and opinions are my own.