Explore letters visually with alphabet constellations. Use toilet paper tubes, construction paper, rubber bands, and a pin to make your own letter constellations.
Look in each telescope and name the letter constellation that you see!
These are so fun to explore with and so easy to make!
toilet taper tubes
black or dark blue construction paper
Make Your Own:
- Tightly wrap the top of each toilet paper tube with a piece of construction paper (approximately 7″x9″).
- Secure the paper with a rubber band.
- Use a pin to poke holes in letter formations. Don’t forget that many of the letters will need to be formed backwards so that they are the right way when you look into the telescope.
- For older children, write the letter on the paper and let them poke the paper along the lines. (Similar to our Holes in the Alphabet activity.)
- Decorate your telescopes.