Help the bunny get to his apples. This DIY Lego Counting Game is the perfect way to practice counting with your Legos!
How to Play:
- Gather 10-20 Legos, dice, a character to move along your Lego path.
- Set up your path with the Legos. Your path can be straight, zig-zagged, curved, short, or long. Building your own path is what makes this game so exciting and unique.
- Roll the die and move your character along the path.
- When you get to the end, you win!
- Help the bunny get to the apples. (pictured at the top)
- Help the princess get to her flower garden. (pictured above)
- Help your Lego guy get to his house.
- Help the Lego guy get to his car.
- Help the Lego girl get to the store.
You get the idea. I love how easy this game is to set up and play, yet it allows for so much creativity and differentiation that it can be played time and time again!
Friday 11th of August 2017
This was great, son (4yr) & I played together taking turns, winner was whoever got the boy to the helicopter. I then asked my son to get the next 2 characters: goat & lion "Mum you be the goat, I'll be the lion, then I can eat you" . We decided to make a round "board" and starting at opposite sides see who gets caught first.
Friday 18th of August 2017
Love it! Glad you guys had fun playing and also made it your own. =)
Buffalo Lesson Ideas & Book List | The Teaching Mama
Friday 30th of October 2015
[…] Following the idea behind this lego & dice counting game, we made a long, curvy path out of legos. Our game pieces were two tiny buffalo, babies who had […]
Homeschooling with LEGO - 100+ Resources & Activities - A Spectacled Owl
Tuesday 3rd of February 2015
[…] LEGO Counting Dice Game from The Activity Mom […]
Monday 3rd of March 2014
What a clever idea. I like that there is a destination for the rabbit/minifig/object to get to. It looks fun :) Pinned!
Friday 28th of February 2014
This is great! My son loves building and legos. He skips a few numbers, so I think this will get him excited about doing something hands on with legos and counting. Yay!