My annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown is back!
It includes ideas, printables, and resources from around the web to make counting down to Christmas with your toddlers and preschoolers fun and educational!
- Paper Plate Angel
- Make and Play with Gingerbread Playdough
- Christmas Tree Alphabet Match (printable)
- Burlap Wreath Ornament
- Jingle Bell Painting
- Make and Eat Ice Cream Cone Trees
- Christmas Bingo (printable)
- Sequin Ornaments
- Christmas I-Spy
- Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament
- Roll a Reindeer Game (printable)
- Go on a Candy Cane Hunt
- Milk Carton Gingerbread Houses
- Watercolor Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman
- Handprint Wreath
- Christmas Counting Peppermint Numbers (printable)
- Yarn Christmas Tree Ornament
- Snowball Toss Game
- Snowman Ornament
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt (printable)
- Christmas Tree Hole Punching
- Build with Marshmallows and Toothpicks
- Christmas Cutting or Tracing
- Merry Christmas
Where to Start:
- Print the 2016 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards, a list of the activities, and a materials list.
- Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities
Set Up Ideas:
- Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
- Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
- Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
- Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
- Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
- Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!
For more countdown activities and printables, visit my:
Resources: JDaniel4sMom, The Resourceful Mama, 1plus1plus1equal1, Easy Peasy and Fun, The Activity Mom, Hoosier Homemade, Tatertots and Jello, Inspiration Made Simple, Dirt and Boogers, Cutting Tiny Bites, Mac and Taters, Happy Hooligans, Living Well Mom, A Little Pinch of Perfect, Sugar Aunts, No Time for Flashcards, Arty Crafty Kids, We Made That, Lemon Lime Adventures, This Reading Mama