Our annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown is back! It includes ideas, printables, and resources from around the web to make counting down to Christmas with your toddlers and preschoolers fun and educational!
- Christmas Themed Dot Painting
- Foam Cup Snowmen
- Q tip Snowflakes
- Ice Painting
- Roll and Gingerbread Man Game
- Invitation to Create Ornaments
- Penguin Alphabet Match
- Fishing for Ornaments with Candy Canes
- Science with Peppermint Candies
- Snowstorm in a Bottle
- Christmas Sweater Matching/Memory
- Melted Bead Ornaments
- Paper Plate Baubles
- Decorate a Play Dough Christmas Tree
- Act It Out Winter Dice Game
- Mess Free Jingle Bell Painting
- Snowman Counting
- Jingle Bell Toss Game
- Roll and Cover Christmas Tree
- Beaded Name Candy Cane
- Snowman Number Match
- Toilet Paper Tube Christmas Tree Painting
- Gingerbread Shape Matching
- Christmas Tree Handprint Cards
- Merry Christmas!
WHERE TO START:
- Print the 2017 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards, a list of the activities, and a materials list.
- Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities
SET UP IDEAS:
- Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
- Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
- Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
- Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
- Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
- Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!
FOR MORE COUNTDOWN ACTIVITIES AND PRINTABLES, VISIT MY:
Resources: The Resourceful Mama, Crafts by Amanda, Playdough to Plato, Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds, Teach Beside Me, What Can We Do with Paper and Glue, The Letters of Literacy, There’s Just One Mommy, Pre-K Pages, Blue Skies Ahead, Simple Fun for Kids, One Little Project, Arty Crafty Kids, Mama Papa Buba, 3 Dinosaurs, Mac-N-Taters, Totschooling, Playground Parkbench, Fantastic Fun and Learning, A Dab of Glue Will Do, Fun a Day, 123 Homeschool 4 Me, Powerful Mothering, Blitsy