This Feed the Bunny Alphabet Game is a free, printable and is a great way to practice so many different skills! Use this fun game with your Easter theme or Spring lesson plans.
How to Play:
- Print the Bunny (below), cut it out, and attach it to a tissue box or small cardboard box.
- Print the letters of the alphabet or number carrots (below) or you can use letter magnets, colored blocks, sight words on sticky notes, etc.
- Your child feeds the bunny as they pick a carrot, identify the letter or number, and put it into the tissue box through the bunny’s mouth.
Different Ways to Play:
- How many can you feed the bunny in 30 seconds? This is a fun way to get faster at letter recognition.
- Can you find the letter D and feed it to the Easter bunny? Can you find the blue block and feed it to the bunny?
- Feed Mr Rabbit bunny different colors or sizes of pom poms using tweezers or tongs to transfer them.
- Practice letter sounds as you feed the little bunny.
- Put the carrot letters in plastic easter eggs and hide them around the room. As your child finds them, he will open them up and feed the letter of the alphabet to the rabbit. Opening the plastic eggs helps to strengthen finger muscles (fine motor skills).
- Print two sets of carrots and make it a matching game. Feed the bunny only matching carrots.
- Make your own carrots that include lowercase letters to target that skill.
You can have lots of fun and practice any of these skills using the Feed the Bunny Alphabet Game:
- colors (try different colored blocks, pom poms, or
- shapes (try different shaped buttons)
- sight words or word families (pictured above)
- fine motor skills (transfering pom poms to feed the bunny using tongs or tweezers)
This educational game is a big hit with preschool and kindergarten age children and I love how many variations there are and how many different skills it can teach!
What You Need:
First, you need this FREE, Printable Feed the Bunny Alphabet Game – Download the Bunny
Next, print these free Alphabet Carrots (capital letters) from School Time Snippets
Or, use these free Number Carrots from Nurture Store
More Games Like This
We love that this game is a hit all through the year with different types of themes, just using a tissue box and the free printables! Try these versions too:
The Pumpkin Game is similar for Halloween time.
The Turkey Game is the same game, but for Thanksgiving time.
The Snowman Game is another of our favorites with the same concept.
Check out our other Easter Activities that make learning fun. From painting with egg shells and puzzles to dying eggs with toddlers and more free printables, you will find activities that you and your child will love to try during this Spring and Easter season.