Do you have a train lover in your house? I mean trains all day all the time? This FREE, Rhyming Train Printable is for YOU!
How to use this Rhyming Train Printable:
- Download, print, and cut apart each square.
- Start with the Engine. Say the name of the picture that is on it.
- Find a train car with a picture that rhymes with the picture on the engine.
- Continue building different trains that rhyme.
- For beginning writers, have them build the rhyming train and then write the word for each picture.
- Sort the train cars by color. Then, match a letter (from a puzzle or magnets or sticky notes) to each picture that shows what sound each picture starts with.
- Use the train cards for counting practice (the pictures will just be what the train is carrying).”Make a train with 4 cars after the engine.” “Make a train with 6 cars after the engine.”
- Cut the train cards in half (straight down the middle or at an angle) to turn them into puzzles.
You’ll also love this Train Alphabet Game!
Check out this Train Shape Matching!
Need more rhyming practice? These rhyming activities are awesome!