Does your little one love unicorns? If so, these FREE, printable Unicorn Counting Puzzles are for you!
Unicorn Counting Puzzles Targeted Skills:
- One to one correspondence
- Number Identification
- Numeral Word Identification (older children)
For your toddler or preschooler, the number word is just something they will be exposed to with no need to focus on it.
You can extend this activity for a Kindergartner or 1st Grader by cutting the piece in half between the numeral and the number word making each puzzle consist of three pieces.
How do you get started with this activity? Start with the puzzles for 1-5 only for your toddler or preschooler and then add more as the activity becomes more familiar.
Model counting the dinosaurs (pointing to each one as you count) and then think aloud as you hunt for the corresponding numeral and put the pieces together. Continue along side your child as they build confidence.
Other Ways to use these Puzzles:
- Hide the pieces around the house. Have your child hunt for them and put them together.
- Put magnets on the back of the cards and add this counting activity to your fridge or a magnetic cookie sheet.
- Using only the cards with dinosaurs on them (take the number side out), put them in order from least to greatest (1 to 10).
You’ll also love our other Unicorn Activities and Crafts for Kids!