This is such a cool Halloween Counting Game for Kids! Count your way to 50 as you go up ladders and down brooms. I love that you can play this with others or by yourself. You can play on the same game board or print a board for everyone depending on what your goals are. No matter how you play, your kids will have so much fun!
- Dice or a Spinner
- Download and Print the Halloween Counting Game Board
- Gather game pieces to use such as blocks, characters, or a piece of candy.
- Start to the left of the #1 box.
- Roll the die and move your game piece the corresponding number of squares (in order).
- If you land on a square that has the bottom of a ladder on it, climb up the ladder to a new spot. If you land on a square that has the middle or top of the ladder, you do not do anything special.
- If you land on a square that has the top of the broom, you slide down the broom to a new spot. If you land on a square that has the middle or bottom of the broom, you do not do anything special.
- The first player to make it to number 49, wins!
Depending on your child’s age or creativity, you can change or add rules before you begin the game.
This can also be played as an independent game with the challenge of getting to the end of the board.
Looking for more counting games to use this time of year? Give this Build a Monster Game a try. My kids love any game or activity with candy corn to eat at the end. Then, check out our other Halloween Activities for Kids!