Are your kids crazy about Legos? Here are the step by step directions for how to make lego crayons. Make them for party favors, gifts, or just to use at home.
- Crayons – old or broken
- Lego Mold
- Baking Sheet
Did you know that crayons are NOT biodegradable? Because crayons don’t break down in land fills, I try to use old or broken crayons for other projects.
- Peel the wrappers from your crayons.
- Break the crayons into small pieces.
- Put the pieces into a silicon mold.
- You can use pieces that are all the same color or mix them for multi-colored Lego crayons.
- Put the Lego mold onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 5 – 7 minutes until the crayons are completely melted.
- If you need to, use a toothpick to make sure there aren’t any lumps.
- Let the crayons cool completely.
- Remove them from the mold by popping them out.
Tip: Because this mold has small crevices, you might want to do this in two steps. Fill it half way with crayons and let them melt and then fill it the rest of the way with more crayons and let them melt.
These are a great party favor for a Lego Party for Kids or as a gift for classmates.
Check out our other AWESOME Lego Activities and Crafts for Kids.