There are so many ways to use these gingerbread house counting cards! From number identification and counting to sequencing and addition, this free printable is awesome for all young children.
Count using anything you have on hand:
- Put the corresponding number of counters (erasers, candies, pom poms) on TOP of each of the gingerbread house counting cards.
- You can also have your child put the counters in a line BELOW each gingerbread house.
- Clip the corresponding number of clothes pins to each house.
- If you child isn’t ready to identify numerals yet, put a group of counters out and have your child count them. Then, hand them the corresponding number card to match with that set of counters.
- Put the houses in order from 1 to 10 or from 10 to 1.
- Use the houses to count and solve different addition equations. Two different colored counters come in handy for this (red and green candies pictured).
- Write the equation below each house to count and solve on top of the house.
- Write one equation on each piece of paper (really large), challenge your child to use counters to solve it, and then find the gingerbread house that matches the answer to the equation.
Check out this Paper Bag Gingerbread House Craft for a festive decoration!