This penny spinner craft for kids is a simple craft that will provide an afternoon of fun and experimenting.
- paper plate
How to Make a Penny Spinner Craft for Kids:
First, trace the outline of a cup onto a paper plate. Then, cut it out.
Use a ruler to find the center of the circle.
Draw a line going from one side to the other, through the middle. Then, draw a second line going from top to bottom, through the middle.
Next, draw two more lines that form an X and go through the middle.
Color or make a design in each section of the circle.
Ask an adult for help to cut a small slit in the middle of the circle.
Slide the penny into the slit so that it is halfway through.
Now, hold the penny between your pointer finger and thumb and give it a spin.
Experimenting with a Penny Spinner:
- Experiment with how different colors and designs look while they are spinning.
- Try using only black and white designs.
- Change the size of your circle by tracing a smaller cup. Does that change how it looks or how long it spins?
- What is the longest your spinner can spin for?
- Instead of pennies, try nickels, dimes, and quarters. Does that change anything?
- Spin 3 times and record how long it spins each time.
Check out our other Crafts for Kids!