There are so many ways to use this Summer Alphabet Matching activity. Try it as a busy bag, a puzzle, or as a magnetic refrigerator activity.
- Download and print the Summer Alphabet Matching activity (below).
- Cut out each rectangle and then cut apart on the dotted line.
- Challenge your child to match each capital letter to its lowercase letter.
Tip: If this is your child’s first exposure to lowercase letters, start with the lowercase letters that look similar to their capital letter. Then, explore the lowercase letters that look different.
- Arrange the capital letters in alphabetical order. Then, hide the lowercase letters around the room. Hunt for the lowercase letters and match them to the capital letters.
- Put magnets on the back of the pieces. Use this puzzle on a vertical, magnetic surface such as the refrigerator or easel. Take them in the car and use them with a magnetic cookie sheet.
- Find the letters of your name.
Before exploring lowercase letters, make sure your child can identify ALL capital letters fluently.
Download this Summer matching activity below:
You might also like our FREE Car Alphabet Matching Activity.
If your little one is interested in outer space, then check out our FREE Planets Alphabet Puzzle activity.