We love to paint rocks! Usually it happens in the Spring as we get our gardens ready, but this Grinch rock craft is perfect for this time of year! You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch! Make this rock craft after you watch the holiday classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Oval Rock (2-3 inches)
- Acrylic Paint – black, green, yellow, red
- Paint brush
- White pipe cleaner
- Red cardstock
- White pom pom
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge
- Play some holiday music.
- Paint the entire rock green. You may want to paint one side of the rock and wait for it to dry. Then turn it over and paint the other side.
- Draw the face with a pencil. Draw 2 ovals for eyes, a circle for the nose, and lines for the rest of the face.
- Paint on the features with black paint (eyes, nose and mouth). You can also use a paint pen or permanent marker (Sharpie) for this step.
- Paint the eyes with yellow paint.
- Next, add a red dot to the eyes for the pupil.
- Wait for everything to dry.
- Paint with Mod Podge to seal it. This is important if your rock will be outside.
Make the Hat
- Cut a triangle shape out of red card stock or craft foam (1.5″ x 1.5″).
- Cut a piece of white pipe cleaner (1.5″).
- Glue the pipe cleaner to the bottom of the red triangle and glue the white pom pom to the top.
- Glue the finished Santa hat to the top front edge of the rock.
We hope you love trying this craft for the first time this holiday season.