There are so many ways you can use lima bean letters to make learning fun!
This alpha beans idea from Creative Jewish Mom is another fun and inexpensive way to “play” with the alphabet.
I wrote the alphabet (upper and lowercase) on lima beans using a Sharpie. She recommends putting on a clear finishing coat but I haven’t had any problems with my marker wearing off.
What did we do with these?
- Put them in alphabetical order
- Matched up upper and lowercase letters
- Put them in a pile and played I-Spy
What else could you do with them?
- Play Memory
- Work on spelling (similar to what we did with these magic rocks)
- Sort vowels and consonants
- Transfer activity with a spoon
- Use them to learn to spell your name