Toddler Activity – Shape Matching

I tried a simple toddler activity, shape matching with N using foam shapes (Target dollar spot).
toddler activity shape matching
 I traced them onto small pieces of paper and put them upright in a muffin tin and we worked together to put them in the right spot.
toddler activity shape matching
N didn’t want to leave the papers in the muffin tin so next we used them like an outline puzzle. She really liked this activity.

• Reply Stacy@{share and remember}

Great idea! I knew I should have bought some of those!

October 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm
  • Reply medina family

THank you, thank you! I did buy those and have spent most of the days picking them up off the floor, since they are thrown all over the place every day. Now we can actually do something with them 🙂

October 17, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Medina Family,
    You are welcome! (Although I’m still picking them up all over the place. =) )

Also try: matching, sorting by color, sorting by shape, write letters on them to match, use them for counting.

October 18, 2011 at 12:25 am
  • Reply Jackie H.

I love the toddler activities you’ve been posting lately. I have a little one who is ready to play… you’d think the second time around I’d remember some ideas but my brain doesn’t always work. Thanks for recharging it with these fun and easy ideas.

October 18, 2011 at 12:06 pm
  • Reply Little Wonders' Days

This is a great idea! You have so many great ideas.

October 19, 2011 at 12:04 am
  • Reply Cajun Cowgirl

Love this idea! I bought the same shapes and didn’t think of such a fun way to play with them. Thanks for sharing!

October 20, 2011 at 1:31 am
  • Reply Vicky

You know, we have these shapes already. I got them from the one spot and have used them for stamping and with paint. What a great idea for a learning activity! Will try it out today. Vicky from http://www.messforless.net

October 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Willa@ArmstrongFamilyFare

Great idea! We’ll have to try that soon. My two year old is currently sitting next to me doing a simple letter matching game! He LOVES it. I always love to see new great educational ideas!
    Stopping by from Works For Me Wednesday!
    Willa