I love ice cube tray activities! From one to one correspondence to sorting and counting to games, the possibilities are endless!
You can find this ice cube tray at most grocery stores and I really like how many spots it has for these games.
For these activities you will also need:
- counters (mini erasers, pom poms, cereal, paper clips, garden stones, etc.)
- Each player uses a different counter.
- Take turns rolling the dice and putting that amount of counters in the tray.
- Try to work from top to bottom, left to right.
- When the tray is full, count how many you have in the tray.
- Whoever has the most, wins!
One to One Correspondence
Beginning Reading Skills (top to bottom, left to right)
The Toddler Version
- Put one counter in each spot. Try to work Top to Bottom, Left to Right. When the tray is full you win.
- Roll a die and put the corresponding number of counters in the tray. When it is full, you win.
- Use tongs or tweezers to transfer pom poms or erasers to the tray.
- Use the tray for sorting 3 different items, a different item into each row.