Writing Practice

Writing in Rice
Here are a few ideas that will help keep your child excited and interested in writing practice.

writing practice

Writing in Rice
Also try sand, shaving cream, whipped cream, or pudding.
writing practicie
photo courtesy of Let’s Explore

Paint Bag Writing
You can also try hair gel in the bag.
writing practice

Printable Letter Tracing Cards
These are great for keeping in your purse to use while you are waiting or at a restaurant.

writing practice

Customized Handwriting Printable Worksheets
Great for names, letters, numbers or words.

writing practice

Make Your Own Writing Box
This is perfect for inspiring a love of writing.

writing practice

Make Your Own Alphabet Dictionary
A fun way to practice letters, letter sounds, new words, names, etc.

Great post! I love the dry erase cards. Thanks for stopping by this morning- always nice to hear from you. 🙂 Yes- little man has been watching too much tv lately. I was actually trying to distract him from it with the pom pom activity and was too busy with the older girs to deal with a tantrum. It worked except for when SWIPER cam on- lol. Enjoy your day, Nicole.

February 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm
  • Reply Kate

Love the Dictionary idea! Will be using this at school and at home!

February 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm
  • Reply Cora Rules

These are all great ideas!! We have been practicing, but I can’t really keep C’s attention so it is great to have some other ideas. Love it!!

February 9, 2012 at 11:58 pm
  • Reply Tabitha (a.k.a. Penny)

I have a child with Autism who hated to write. The muscle tone in her hands was low too. I decided to homeschool for an entire week without a pencil anywhere close and used a lot of these ideas. It was amazing! She loved the variety.

One other thing we did was sidewalk chalk on the driveway. She took her spelling test that way. I’m sure my neighbors were confused by our walkway full of compound words. 😉

February 10, 2012 at 3:49 am
  • Reply Growing a jeweled rose

These are such great ideas!
    I have pinned for future reference! I am loving your site!

February 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm
  • Reply Lisa K.

Awesome ideas!! Thank you! I think my son would get the most excited doing it in brown sugar or regular sugar. Humm…. I might just have to try that! 😀

February 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm