My annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown is back!
It includes ideas, printables, and resources from around the web to make counting down to Christmas with your toddlers and preschoolers fun and educational!
- Q-Tip Snowflake Ornaments
- Building Christmas Sculptures
- Christmas Color by Number
- Fishing for Candy Canes
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Make and Eat Ice Cream Cone Trees
- Alphabet Wreath Activity
- Yarn Wrapped Ornaments
- Pour Paint Ornaments
- Inside snow play (bring real snow inside in a cake pan) or make fake snow with 2 ingredients
- Santa Hat Ornament
- Roll a Christmas Tree Dice Game
- Make Wrapping Paper or Cards with Cookie Cutter Art
- Christmas Themed Sticky Art
- Candy Cane Name Ornaments
- Decorate a Paper Plate Christmas Tree
- Stack a Felt Christmas Tree
- Fizzing Candy Canes
- Sticker Christmas Tree Craft or 3D Tree Sticker Decorating
- Christmas Q-Tip Painting
- Pasta Ornaments
- Letter Matching or Ornament Counting
- Gingerbread Cookies Pretend Play
- Make Jingle Bell Bracelets
- Merry Christmas!
Where to Start:
- Print the 2015 Activity Advent Calendar Cards. This includes the countdown cards, a list of the activities, and a materials list.
- Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities
Set Up Ideas:
- Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
- Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
- Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
- Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
- Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
- Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!