Feeling kind of silly dancing around your living room and sing songing the same rhymes like Where is Pumpkin over and over?
- Sharing songs and rhymes is an excellent way for parents to spend time with their children and share in the joy of childhood.
- Rhymes are portable playthings. You can use these rhymes and songs anytime and anyplace.
- The more you say the rhymes with your child, the quicker language will become part of your child’s life and speech, providing valuable preparation for learning to read.
- Children learn best by doing things, and their favorite “toy” is you.
- Singing songs is a good way to help your child hear syllables in words.
- Children enjoy movements that go along with some of the songs and rhymes. Exaggerate the movements, make silly faces, clap in rhythm, and show your child that you enjoy playing with them.
Give this song a try this week (use two pumpkins as props if you have them around or have time to make them)…..