There are so many different, awesome types of advent calendars out there. I was having a hard time deciding on one and then it occured to me that one Christmas activity a day would be fun for us.
I made and printed the activity cards (below), sewed 25 felt pockets (pictured above, directions below in the comments section), and used foam stickers for the numbers.
My goal with this advent calendar was for it to be EXCITING and MEMORABLE for B, but also EASY and SIMPLE for me to put together and adjust if needed.
2009 Activity Advent Calendar List
1) Make a Bow Wreath (Stick bows on a paper plate)
2) Santa Dice Game
3) Make a Candy Cane Ornament (Kit)
4) Christmas Tree Sizing Cut and Paste
5) Candy Cane Reindeer (candy cane, pipe cleaner, eyes)
6) Christmas Light ABC Activity
7) Santa Scissors Practice
8) Letter to Santa
9) Christmas Cookie Ornaments
10) Paint Christmas Tree Picture and Glue Paper Circles (ornaments)
11) Roll and Color Reindeer
12) Christmas Bulb Patterns
13) Make Paper Snowflakes (out of cupcake liners)
14) Make and Decorate Cookies
15) Santa’s Cotton Ball Beard
16) Christmas Elf Color by Number
17) Rip and glue Paper Plate Wreath
18) Snowman Shapes Craft
19) Santa – Trace and Color
20) Make Jingle Bell Bracelet or Necklace
21) Take Picture with Santa
22) Wrap presents
23) Reindeer Paper Plate Craft
24) Decorate Cookies for Santa
*** Updated Links Aug. 2010***
Want to join the fun?
Sunday 28th of November 2010
I love this. Love it. Lots of simple activities that work on basic skills and are fun.Thank you so much for this :-)
Sunday 14th of November 2010
I can't WAIT to do this.....thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! This is beyond perfect...not sure who'll be more excited, me or the kids??? ;)
An Almost Unschooling Mom
Wednesday 16th of December 2009
Wow! I wish I'd seen this sooner, it would have saved me a ton of time - but I'm printing it out for next year. Maybe if I pack it with the Christmas decorations, I'll be able to find it, when the time comes :)
Monday 14th of December 2009
Thanks so much for posting this! My dd will love these! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
me and the boys
Saturday 12th of December 2009
Thanks for sharing all your ideas for the advent calendar. My boys and I are enjoying doing the activities each night.