There are so many different, awesome types of advent calendars out there. I was having a hard time deciding on one and then it occured to me that one Christmas activity a day would be fun for us.
I made and printed the activity cards (below), sewed 25 felt pockets (pictured above, directions below in the comments section), and used foam stickers for the numbers.
My goal with this advent calendar was for it to be EXCITING and MEMORABLE for B, but also EASY and SIMPLE for me to put together and adjust if needed.
2009 Activity Advent Calendar List
1) Make a Bow Wreath (Stick bows on a paper plate)
2) Santa Dice Game
3) Make a Candy Cane Ornament (Kit)
4) Christmas Tree Sizing Cut and Paste
5) Candy Cane Reindeer (candy cane, pipe cleaner, eyes)
6) Christmas Light ABC Activity
7) Santa Scissors Practice
8) Letter to Santa
9) Christmas Cookie Ornaments
10) Paint Christmas Tree Picture and Glue Paper Circles (ornaments)
11) Roll and Color Reindeer
12) Christmas Bulb Patterns
13) Make Paper Snowflakes (out of cupcake liners)
14) Make and Decorate Cookies
15) Santa’s Cotton Ball Beard
16) Christmas Elf Color by Number
17) Rip and glue Paper Plate Wreath
18) Snowman Shapes Craft
19) Santa – Trace and Color
20) Make Jingle Bell Bracelet or Necklace
21) Take Picture with Santa
22) Wrap presents
23) Reindeer Paper Plate Craft
24) Decorate Cookies for Santa
*** Updated Links Aug. 2010***
Want to join the fun?