Before you recycle them, put your food boxes to use to make these food packaging activities.
For this activity, cut and save the front and back from each package. Put them in a pile and work together to match them up.
B and I worked together and it was trickier than I thought it would be, especially with the products that B doesn’t normally see (pasta, soup mix, etc.). When he would get stuck I would help him by saying look at the color, or size, or shape. It turned out to be a great activity for critical thinking!
Other Package Activity Ideas:
- Hunt for and circle numbers
- Hunt for and circle certain letters or letters of your name
- Hunt for and circle words you know
- Sort by size (small, medium, large)
- Sort by shape (square, rectangle)
- Sort by color
- Read and talk about the ingredients
- Label each box with a price and play store with a calculator