Lacing with Water Noodles

This lacing withย water noodles activity from My Little Gems is awesome! Grab a few of the water noodles that are hopefully on sale right now and make them into a large lacing activity by cutting the noodles into pieces.
photo courtesy of My Little Gems
I have had this activity on my “to do” list all summer and still haven’t made them, but I wanted to share this idea with you before the noodles disappear from the stores!
Lacing with Water Noodles is great for fine motor skill development and can also be used to sort by color, work with patterning, or write letters on the pieces and make words!

• Reply Tim, Allyson, and kids

Amazing activity! I’ll be looking for these at CVS next week!

September 3, 2010 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Infant Bibliophile

What a fun idea! I have seen them used for stamping too. I think I will look for them at the dollar store later today. ๐Ÿ™‚

September 3, 2010 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply mylittlegems

Hi- what cute photos in this post- ha ha-
    I’m glad you like the lacing w/ water noodles! It is a really fun one ๐Ÿ™‚
    Love your mini water transfer and water I spy. THanks for always sharing so many great ideas- I may have to use some in preschool this year ๐Ÿ˜‰ oxoxo

September 3, 2010 at 10:38 pm
  • Reply What I Did Today

This is exactly what I need for Ash! I’ve looked into those string and bead sets, but I was always worried she’d put them in her mouth and choke on them. Now I’m worried that her sister would put them in her mouth. This is a great alternative. Thanks!

September 4, 2010 at 3:56 am
  • Reply Anonymous

We’re working on beginning reading skills, so writing letters on the pieces is a great idea to make putting words together a fun activity!

September 4, 2010 at 4:26 am
  • Reply Jennifer @ The Toy Box Years

This is fantastic! My little one is having a little trouble with lacing beads, so this is a perfect starter activity for her! Thanks so much for sharing!

September 4, 2010 at 3:13 pm
  • Reply Annette

Love this! I’m getting ready to head out now for some shopping, and I’ll be keeping a look out for some noodles!!

September 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm
  • Reply Faith

Ooh! I am on my way to the Dollar Tree to get some noodles! Thanks for the great idea. I absolutely LOVE your blog.

September 4, 2010 at 4:54 pm
  • Reply Melissa + Tiffany @ Home Grown Families

I SEEN THIS WHEN SHE PUT IT UP AND IT HAS BEEN ON MY LIST FOREVER!THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME!!I WANT TO DO THIS FOR THE BOYS SOOOOOO BAD!!!

September 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm