Water Beads

Have you tried playing with water beads yet? They are SO fun! You can buy these almost anywhere now (Michaels, Walmart, Oriental Trading).
water beads
They come in a small package and you put them in water to watch them grow. You control the size by how much water you put in. They are slimy, they bounce, and they are so fun to scoop and pour.
water beads
I put them outside in the sand table because they were getting away from us in the house.
water beads

Such a fun sensory experience for all ages!

I will need to look for these.

February 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Little man would love this! I was checking out your St. Patty’s day sensory kit and noticed there were beads in there. Thinking about getting it.
    Jen

February 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Stephanie

So fun!!! Can’t wait to try these out!

February 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm
  • Reply Sarah Cooley

I have never seen these before! They look AWESOME!

February 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm
  • Reply Jessie

We LOVE water beads! They feel so neat. We’ve done a few sensory bins with them but the hidden diamonds one I did was by far our favorite! http://www.playcreateexplore.com/2011/10/hidden-diamonds-water-bead-sensory-bin.html

February 20, 2012 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply Mama to 4

those are cool – I have never seen these before!

February 20, 2012 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Stacey

We used these. Got them from ebay where they called them fairy eggs and dragon eggs.
    My boys loved them.

February 21, 2012 at 5:25 am
  • Reply Sabrina

I saw these several times and went to purchase at Walmart until I read the back. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I chose to opt out of buying them for my kiddies. There is a WARNING label on the back the states something about reproductive disorders,etc. I want to have another baby and didn’t want to take any chances. Just a little FYI!

February 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply karlamcurry

Can these be reused? I read that someone put them in her plants but when they dried out they didn’t rehydrate.

February 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm
  • Reply Sara @CleverPinkPirate.com

I have tried to find these in bulk but at a good price. Any recommendations on where to buy at the best price?

February 24, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Sara,
      I haven’t found a bulk price/deal on them yet. I bought mine from Oriental Trading for $2/pack and I think they are about the same price at other craft stores.

February 24, 2012 at 8:05 pm