Felt Board Printables (DIY)

Milk Filter Paper is the best kept secret around!
A friend taught me about how to use milk filter paper to print different characters, words, or story props for our felt board. It is so quick, easy, and simple!
Ken Ag 15" Transfer System Milk Filters
Just put the Milk Filter Paper in your printer (you will need to trim it to an 8 1/2 X 11 size), print, and cut. That’s all!
We have the Nativity Scene for Christmas time (found at Activity Village).
The Solar System is fun to use and put in order.
The Angry Birds Printable (at the top) has been a big hit on our felt board!
Find other felt board printables at DLTK and Child Care Land. and now you can make your own just by putting clipart, pictures, or images in Word.

Make Your Own Felt Board:

Use a foam craft board or an inexpensive piece of wood and cover it (using spray glue or a glue gun) with a large piece of felt or flannel (purchased at a craft store).

I will have to look for this paper.

February 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

These say they are 15 inch diameter . Are they circles and how does that work in a standard printer??

February 21, 2012 at 8:26 pm
  • Reply kk-krista

Did you buy yours online? If not where did you find it?

February 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm

They are 15 inches wide so you have to trim them so they are 11 inches (the size of a standard piece of paper). Your kids can color on the scrap pieces or make their own creations with them.

February 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I haven’t had to buy any of these YET. My friend send me a handful to try them out. (Thanks, Lisa!) She bought them from this store. I don’t see them on Amazon so when I order them, I’ll probably order them from this store.

February 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a quick google search and did find out how to use them:These will need to be cut to the size of printer paper and fed through the printer just like paper. While $13.49 may sound like a lot, one box of 100 should last quite a while! You can print multiple flannelboard pieces on one sheet of milk filter ‘paper’.

February 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm

You learn something new everyday!! I’ve never heard of this paper. I have a felt board, so this sounds great!
    Thanks for posting.

Jen

February 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

The Nativity images are wonderful. Where could I find the images to print?

February 22, 2012 at 9:02 pm
  • Reply LaVonne @ Long Wait

I have not heard of this type of paper before. Thanks for this heads up. Glad I stopped by from WFMW.

Blessings!

February 22, 2012 at 10:54 pm

The Nativity Images are from Activity Village: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/pdfs/nativity_felt_board_printables.pdf

February 22, 2012 at 11:52 pm
  • Reply Raising a Happy Child

I bought milk filters once for exactly this purpose, only they were more like 6 inches in diameter. Now I have no idea of what to do with them except drawing my felt ideas by hand…

February 25, 2012 at 6:33 am
  • Reply Jill

Have you been to kizclub.com for flannel board stories and everything else you can think of to print? If not, check it out.

April 17, 2012 at 5:40 am
  • Reply Anonymous

Can you print the pieces in black and white and then color them with marker? Also does this paper stick to felt?

August 20, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Yes, you can print them in black and white and color them with marker. Yes, they do stick to felt. Our felt board is what we use them with. They are thinner than a piece of felt that you would get at a craft store though.

August 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm
  • Reply WN Mama

This is AWESOME!

September 30, 2012 at 10:06 pm
  • Reply Julie Lamb

search making learning fun and they tell you where to buy them. Didn’t know they work so well.

December 20, 2012 at 5:16 am
  • Reply Keri

Search for clip art under the images tab on Google. I found some great stuff there to print.

January 8, 2013 at 3:32 am
  • Reply akiddmom

How sturdy is the milk filter paper? Does it tear easily? I ask because I have an 18 mth. old who is rough with everything..and I would like for her to be able to play with the figures ande tell stories and play with her as well..Thanks..

March 27, 2013 at 11:25 pm

akiddmom,
    It is pretty sturdy. I would say it would be harder than construction paper to rip. It is thinner than a regular piece of felt you’d buy at a craft store though which is why you can put it through your printer. I’d give it a try!

March 31, 2013 at 11:05 pm
  • Reply Christy

When you print color are you using an inkjet or a laser printer?

July 30, 2013 at 3:57 am

I am using an inkjet printer. You can print in color (I do) or black and white and then color them in by hand if you want.

July 30, 2013 at 12:25 pm
  • Reply Meghan Z

Hi! My printer keeps rejecting the milk filter paper. Is there a special setting I should use? Thanks!!!

November 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm
    • Reply Meghan Z

I just figured it out! I had to change my paper setting. I just picked a thicker setting and decided that “transparency paper” was probably closest to the thickness of the milk filter paper. Yay!

November 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm
      • Reply Nicole

So glad you figured it out. Isn’t it awesome?!

November 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply Laura

I bought milk filter paper myself recently and have been having fun with new felt board stories that don’t take up quite so much time as making everything yourself. I definitely have used kizclub stories quite a bit.

December 2, 2013 at 9:27 pm