My annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown is back!
It includes ideas, printables, and resources found around the web to make counting down to Christmas with your toddlers and preschoolers fun and educational.
2013 Activity Advent Countdown
11. Santa Dance
24. Egg Carton Trees
1) Print the 2013 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards, list of activities, and a materials list.
2) Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities.
- Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
- Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
- Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
- Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
- Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
- Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.