Are you looking for fun ways to host a present swap? Do you like fun Math games? This gift exchange game is so much fun and is a great way to bring laughter and fun to any event! This Christmas gift exchange dice game can be played at a holiday party, in the classroom, or at a family event.
How to Play
- Before the event, decide on a price limit and if it can be a white elephant gift or not. Each player brings a wrapped gift to the party.
2. Everyone places the gift that they brought in the center of the circle.
3. Starting from youngest to oldest, take turns picking a gift out of the gift pile. Do not unwrap it and make sure to NOT pick your own gift.
4. The first player to start with the dice is the oldest person in the group. They roll the die and follow the chart to see what to do. Pass the die to the next person (clockwise).
5. Then, the next player will take a turn rolling the dice and reading the chart to see what to do.
Note: If you unwrap a gift, either by rolling a 4 or by someone rolling a 6 and choosing you to open your gift, you keep that as your final gift and you are out of the game.
- If you roll a 1, everyone passes the gifts left. Only unwrapped gifts get passed.
- Roll a 2 and you pick someone to switch gifts with. Only someone with an unwrapped gift can be picked.
- If you roll a 3, everyone passes the gifts right. Only unwrapped gifts get passed.
- Rolling a 4 means you unwrap and keep your gift. Once your gift is unwrapped, you are done with the game. You can add a twist to the game and have a special treat for the first person that gets to unwrap their gift.
- If you roll a 5, you can pick any two players to switch gifts. The players have to have unwrapped gifts to switch.
- Rolling a 6 means you get to pick another person to unwrap and keep their gift. That person is now finished with the game.
6. When the last gift is opened or there aren’t any more available gifts to swap with or pass, the game is over.
Looking for more Christmas party games? You will love these Class Christmas Party Ideas! From Christmas games and crafts to snacks and gifts, your class will have a party to remember.
Check out our other Christmas Activities for Kids. We have craft ideas, dice games, dot to dots, color by numbers, and more!