Get into the holiday spirit with this free Christmas cut and paste activity. Young learners will strengthen fine motor skills and scissor skills in a fun way. As they cut out and assemble the Christmas tree, they will be practicing basic math skills such as visual discrimination, shape recognition, and sequencing.
In this activity pack, there are Christmas trees made from ovals, rectangles, and parallelograms. There are a couple of ways that you can do this activity.
- Print the cut and paste worksheet onto card stock. If you don’t think your students or kids will want to color the pieces, print it onto green card stock. Having it already on colored paper is an easy way to start this activity.
- Challenge your child to cut out the shapes. Having it on card stock instead of copy paper makes it easier for little hands to hold and the scissors to cut through.
- The long skinny rectangle on the right side of the page is the trunk of the tree. The shapes will be glued onto it.
- Children will put the shapes in the correct order, from largest on the bottom to smallest at the top.
- If your child has a hard time cutting out the star or any of the other pieces, it is ok to cut it out for them. There are still valuable skills practiced when ordering the shapes and gluing them.
- Then, they will glue the shapes in order on the tree trunk. For best results use a glue stick.
- After it dries if your tree is white, color or paint it. You could also put stickers on the tree as ornaments. Working with stickers is also great for developing the pincer grasp.
Download and Print the Christmas Cut and Paste Activity
More Cut and Paste Activities
Are you looking for more fun cut and paste worksheets? We have so many to choose from! These are great for preschool and kindergarten age children. My favorite thing about these cut and paste activities is that they consist of straight lines only. This is great for children that are just beginning with scissors. Then, it becomes a puzzle to put back in order and glue onto the puzzle mat.
- Gingerbread Man
- 3 Little Pigs
Give this Away in a Manger Dice Game a try!
Play another dice game. This one is a Stocking Dice Game.
We have a huge collection of Polar Express activities and crafts too. There’s something for everyone.