Fabric Letters

fabric letters
I saw this tutorial for these fabric letters at Happy Together. I’m am a beginner sewer and they were very easy to make. I didn’t wash mine to frey the edges yet because B has been playing with them nonstop. Head on over to Happy Together to read the tutorial, see more pictures, download the template, and make your own. They are a great way to “experience” the alphabet!

• Reply Rachel

Oh, it would be a ton of fun to use different textures!

August 25, 2010 at 6:14 pm
  • Reply Annette W.

Thank you for sharing! I love it. Do you know how long it took you? Did you go free hand or template? (And if you went free hand, do you suggest it?) Did you use quilt batting or felt in between? Thanks!

August 25, 2010 at 6:45 pm

I used the template she gave at Happy Together. It was was a word document so if you wanted to do different sizes you could make your own using word art I bet.

It took me about 2 hours to cut and 2 hours to sew (two different days).

I didn’t put anything in between but she offers a few suggestions. Also, she sewed hers in a way that is more than just one time around, more of a quilt style and I think that is super cute!

August 25, 2010 at 8:17 pm
  • Reply Tricia at Mom is the Only Girl

Those are so cute! I want to make them just to have something so cute around…with 2 boys, though, who knows, maybe I’ll have to get car or truck fabric…….

August 25, 2010 at 11:07 pm
  • Reply Counting Coconuts

These are GREAT! Well done!

I could see them being put to very good use around here. I don’t own a sewing machine, so I’d have to do them all by hand… hmmm 26 letters by hand… not enough hours in the day, me thinks. 🙂

August 26, 2010 at 7:49 pm
  • Reply KJ@letsgoflyakite

Activity Mom, I am absolutely floored you visited my little blog today. I find your blog so inspirational and great job on those letters, I would not have know you were a beginner sewer unless you said so:)

August 27, 2010 at 1:10 am
  • Reply Sena Fontane

You know my friend recently paid an absolute fortune in mamas and papas for these fabric letters!!!

August 27, 2010 at 11:04 am
  • Reply That one girl

Lovin’ your activities. I’m a new follower and in need of toddler distraction!

August 27, 2010 at 6:22 pm