Drawing Through the Alphabet is a fun way for children to work on forming letters, use fine motor skills to draw lines and curves, and reinforce beginning letter sounds. Check out why I started this series of simple drawing tutorials for kids.
- I love these simple drawing tutorials for kids! Start with the letter C.
- Each step of the tutorial shows you a detail to add in red. If your child wants you to do it for them, have your child pick up the crayon and put your hand over theirs and draw it together instead of doing it for them.
- It seems like there are more details in this caterpillar than in the last two tutorials, but it is just the segments of the caterpillar that make the tutorial seem longer.
- Depending on your child, you may need to guide them through the drawing tutorial step by step until they get the hang of it.
- It might be helpful to cover all of the steps on the page, except the one you are working on. You can use sticky notes or a piece of paper to cover them.
HOW DO I PRINT IT?
- Right click on the picture above and save as a jpg to your computer. Then open the picture on your computer and print.
- OR download it here, C is for Caterpillar and then print.
After the caterpillar is drawn, if there’s still interest, encourage your child to add details to the background of the picture or to dictate a story to you about the caterpillar and you write it down as they tell it. You could even create a book of drawings and stories! Children love to see you write down their stories and ideas and read it back to them.
What if my child is upset that their drawing doesn’t look like the tutorial?
If your child is upset with how their drawing turns out, here are some things you can say:
- You’re an artist and every artist draws in a different way.
- Yours is unique.
- This just teaches you the steps to draw it.
- Everyone’s drawing looks different.
Download the FREE Drawing Through the Alphabet eBook
This eBook is FREE for The Activity Mom Subscribers. Subscribe below.
Drawing Through the Whole Alphabet
Try the next drawing tutorial for Kids – D is for Dog
Or start at the beginning of our simple drawing tutorials with A is for Angel
Monday 29th of November 2021
I like it very much
Saturday 22nd of February 2020
I just came across this drawing video. I thought you might like it so I'm sharing this.hope you all also find it useful