Does your child love trains? We love this train alphabet game! It is fun to play and easy to set up. I stick this game in my purse and pull it out when traveling or waiting at restaurants.
You can use this game to identify letters or even letter sounds.
- Put the cards face down in a pile.
- On your turn, pick a card.
- Say the letter on your card (or letter sound or something that starts with that letter depending on skill level).
- If you get it right, keep the card. (If your child doesn’t get it right, that is ok! Just correct them and allow them to keep the card.)
- When someone picks the card that says “You Win”, they win and the game is over!
This game is quick which allows for you to play multiple times (and have more than one winner). Kids love the pace of this game and don’t even realize how much they are practicing as they play.
Sort the cards by picture type
Put the cards in alphabetical order
You will also love our Train Shape Matching activity and check out Our Little Engine that Could Activities and Crafts.