Use these printable finger puppets to enhance pretend play time, ignite creative imaginations, strengthen fine motor skills with finger dexterity, and to have a lot of fun. Printable puppets are a huge hit with young children. They spark imaginative play and are easy to prepare, just print and play.
Playing with finger puppets builds language skills, strengthens vocabulary, and reinforces story elements. It benefits hand-eye coordination too.
Directions to Make Your Own Puppets:
- First, download the pdf file.
- Then, print onto regular printer paper.
- Cut along the dotted lines on the finger puppet templates.
- Make the finger holes by wrapping paper around each finger to find the size of the fingers (your child’s finger or yours).
Different Ways to Play:
- Sing along together or retell a story as you have the finger puppets on your hand.
- Have a puppet show with the paper puppets.
- Retell a story or make up your own stories with the familiar characters.
- Glue them to a fourth of a toilet paper tube or wrap them around a wine cork to make them moveable paper toys.
- Laminate the characters and attach them to the fingers of old gloves with velcro.
- Finger puppets can also be used to role play different social situations with children to help them learn, process feelings, and communicate their thoughts.
These free printables include your favorite characters from this timeless story of Goldilocks (Goldilocks, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Baby Bear, and the house). Recreate different versions of the story by changing the ending. One person can be multiple characters by putting more than one puppet on their fingers or each person can be one character.
The wolf will huff and puff and blow the houses down. Which version of the Three Little Pigs will you tell?
What did the pigs make their houses from? Did the wolf get the pigs or did the pigs trick the wolf?
When Little Red Riding Hood goes to visit her grandmother, she notices something is strange about her. Before she can figure it out, she is gobbled by the wolf. Luckily, a man is nearby to save Little Red.
Use the free printable template to make the finger puppets and use them to retell this fairy tale. Needing money, Jack trades their family’s cow for magic beans. His mother is furious, but the next morning a giant beanstalk has grown in the yard. Jack climbs it and has a few close encounters with a giant.
Printable templates of each fairy finger puppet can be used to play and create! Name the fairies and take them on an adventure.
Dinosaur puppets are a fun way to have a finger puppet play for your dinosaur lover! What do these dinosaurs eat? Are they friends? The adventures await.
A full-color version of the puppets to share the story of Jonah. Jonah doesn’t listen to God and learns a hard lesson after being swallowed by a whale.
Other Finger Puppet Characters:
Farm Animal Puppets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games – Use these farm animal finger puppets to sing Old Macdonald or to practice animal sounds of the farm animals.
nursery rhymes with printable finger puppets from Free Homeschool Deals
Frog Puppets from Picklebums
Elephant Puppets from The Measured Mom to go with the song “One Elephant Went Out to Play”.
Finger Puppets of Circus Characters and Wild Animals from First Palette
We hope you enjoy these printable finger puppets as much as we do! In our homes they have inspired endless pretend play and storytelling.