Salt Dough Ornament Recipe
1 cup salt
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup warm water
Step by Step Instructions to Make Your Own Salt Dough Ornaments
- Add a 1/2 cup of water to the dry ingredients (flour and salt) and mix.
- Add a little bit of food coloring or essential oils. (optional)
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper with a rolling pin to form an ornament shape.
- Use a straw or knife to make a small hole at the top of each ornament for the ribbon.
- Make a handprint, footprint, or any other design.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 200 degrees for about 2 hours or leave it out to air dry in a dry place for several days.
- Use the ribbon from the jar to hang the ornament.
Make an Ornament Gift Jar
Combine 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of flour in a 16 ounce canning jar.
Close the lid, decorate, and add gift tags with the instructions on how to make the ornaments.
Download our Salt Dough Ornament Tag to save time.