Does your little one love Paw Patrol? This Paw Patrol alphabet matching activity is a great way to practice letter recognition for Paw Patrol fans.
If you haven’t seen this favorite tv show on Nick Jr., it is about the Paw Patrol pups and a young boy named Ryder who go on rescue missions and new adventures to protect Adventure Bay. The pups of Paw Patrol are heroic puppies that teach valuable lessons along the way. I’m sure your children have their favorite characters.
Paw Patrol Main Characters
- Ryder is the leader of the Paw Patrol.
- Chase is a police officer pup.
- Marshall is the fire rescue pup.
- Skye is the arial rescue pup.
- Rocky is a recycling pup.
- Rubble is a construction pup.
- Zuma is a water rescue pup.
- Mayor Goodway is the mayor of Adventure Bay.
The pups each have a badge that shows their special skills. This alphabet matching activity includes those badges.
- Print the alphabet cards onto card stock.
- Cut apart each badge.
- There is a grey dotted line to cut along in the middle of each badge. Challenge your child to cut along that line for extra scissors practice.
- Once the badges are cut in half, mix them up and match the capital letter to the lowercase letter to put them back together.
Put the uppercase letters in alphabetical order and then match the lowercase letters to them.
Sort the badges by type and then match the capital letters and lowercase letters.
If your child is just beginning to work with lowercase letters, start with just a few cards. I usually choose four cards where the lowercase letters look similar to the capital letters and one card that looks different. This is a good way to build their confidence and start slowly.
Download the FREE Paw Patrol Alphabet Matching
You kids will also love these Paw Patrol Dice Games. They are a fun way to practice counting and number recognition. There are 7 different game boards of your child’s favorite Paw Patrol pups.