We love the book “A Color of His Own” by Leo Lionni. It’s about a lizard who wishes he could just have a color of his own instead of changing wherever he goes.
I created this chameleon matching printable based on that book. It is great for practicing the skills of visual discrimination, color matching, pattern matching, and sorting.
How to Use A Color of His Own Printable:
- Print this Chameleon Matching Printable on different colors of paper.
- Cut out the chameleons and leaves.
- Put the leaves in a row in front of your child and give him the chameleons to match to the leaves.
- You might want to start with just the solids or just the dotted ones first before mixing them all together.
- Sort them into two piles, chameleons and leaves.
- Sort by color instead of matching